I am a Chartered Organisational Psychologist, a Coaching Psychologist, an Associated Fellow of the British Psychological Society and a Registered Organisational Psychologist with the Health Professions Council. I specialise in senior management coaching, selection, development, personality differences and psychometric testing. As a Senior Lecturer in Psychology at Westminster Business School I teach on the MA and MBA modules, and my teaching profile includes Business Psychology at UCL, the Open University, Birkbeck College and MSc Psychology at Goldsmith's College.
I am a full member of the Division of Occupational Psychologists, a Member of the BPS Special Group of Coaching Psychologists, a Member of the Division of Social Psychology, a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, and a Principal Member of the Association of Business Psychologists. I am a BPS accredited Level A and Level B psychometric test administrator. I have a PGCHE (Birkbeck) Cert. Equal Ops and am a trained ACAS mediator (Certificate in Internal Mediation 2006). I was elected to the BPS Committee of the Special Group of Coaching Psychologists in December 2007, am a Founder Member of the Society for Coaching Psychology and a Member of the Society for Coaching Psychology.
As Managing Director of WorkLife Management Ltd. (est.1998) a business psychology consultancy, my work with clients includes airlines, (British Airways, British Mediterranean Airways) fire brigades, (London and Wales) NHS, the MOD, The Press Association, internet start-ups, train companies, NATO Leadership Programme, and private individuals. At British Airways I developed and managed the cabin crew crisis counselling unit, CrewCare, including recruiting, training and supervising a team of person-centred counsellors who supported 16,000 cabin crew, and facilitated Return to Work workshops for returning mums following maternity leave. Justice, fairness, and respect are important facets of my work and my commitment to civil liberties, and equality, include working with a House of Lords cross party group to protect women and girls from violence, and to uphold women’s rights. I am a published author and a reviewer for Sage, Palgrave Macmillan and Pearson Educational.
Publications and Conference Presentations
1. Mansi, A. & Akhtar, R. (2020) The design and development of a new psychometric measure for Getting Ahead and Getting Along at work. Journal of Personality and Individual Differences, Elsevier, UK. (in progress).
2. Tan, S., Mansi, A., & Furnham, A. (2017) Students’ Preferences for Lecturers’ Personalities. Journal for Further and Higher Education, 2017 (e:print)
3. Furnham, A. & Mansi, A. (2014) The self-assessment of the Cattell–Horn–Carroll broad stratum abilities. Learning and Individual Differences. Elsevier, 32, pp 233-237 March 2014
4. Mansi, A. (2013) The Dark Side of Leadership: Its Implications for Leadership Derailment. Conference Presentation: January 2013. Leadership Development Programme. The Defence Academy UK, Shrivenham, Wiltshire.
5. Mansi, A. (2013). Using the HPI and the HDS for Coaching ‘Difficult’ Personalities- a case study of a coaching client. November 2013. Conference Presentation. The Hogan Summit: Hurlingham Club, London.
6. Mansi, A. (2013) Personality at Work: An investigation into Higher Order Factors of Identity and Reputation: A Socio-Analytic perspective. Conference Presentation. Birkbeck, University of London. Conference Proceedings. September 2013.
7. Ashleigh, M.J. & Mansi, A. (2012) The Psychology of People in Organisations. Pearson, UK. ISBN-10:0273755765. Book of the Year 2013 Shortlist - Chartered Management Institute.
8. Furnham, A., McClelland, A., & Mansi, A. (2012). Selecting your boss: Sex, age, IQ and EQ factors. Journal of Personality and Individual Differences, October 2012, Vol 53 Issue 5. Pages 552–556
9. Mansi, A. (2011) Psychometrics and the Military: Using Psychometrics for Leadership Development at the Defence Academy UK. (Nov 2011). Goldsmiths, University of London.
10. Furnham, A., Miller, T., Batey, M., Johnson, S. & Mansi, A. (2011). "Demographic and individual correlates of self-rated competency." 2011. eScholarID: 126676
11. Furnham, A. & Mansi, A. (2011) Correlates of Self-Rated Business Competencies. International Journal of Business and Management ISSN 1833-3850 (Print) ISSN 1833-8119 (Online) Copyright © Canadian Center of Science and Education
12. Mansi, A. (2008) “Coaching the Narcissist – How difficult can it be?” Presentation at SGCP 1st European Coaching Psychology Conference, London, 2008. British Psychological Society.
13. Mansi, A. (2007) Recognising and Managing the Genius at work. Chartered Management Institute National Convention. Conference Presentation. Birmingham.
14. Mansi, A. (2007). Executive Coaching and Psychometrics: A case study evaluating the use of the Hogan Personality Inventory (HPI) and the Hogan Development Survey (HDS) in senior management coaching. The Coaching Psychologist, Vol. 3, No. 2, September 2007 53 © The British Psychological Society – ISSN:1748–1104
15. Mansi, A. (2007) Managing the Creative Personality. Chartered Management Institute National Convention, 11 – 12 October 2007Birmingham. Dynamic Futures: Management and Leadership into Tomorrow; Managing Change and Innovation.
16. Mansi, A. (2007): Management Standards Centre: Skills for Business Network – London 26 July 2007Dysfunctional Managers: How they impact on the organisation
17. Mansi, A. (2007) Chartered Management Institute. London and South East Regional Convention: “5 July 2007he Dark Side of Personality
18. Mansi, A. (2007) “Coaching the Narcissist – How difficult can it be?” Exploring the coaching process from the coach’s perspective. The Coaching Psychologist, Vol. 5, No. 1, June 2009 ©The British Psychological Society – ISSN: 1748–1104.
19. Mansi, A. (2007) The Dark Side of Management. Book Chapter in Exploring Human Resource Management. Porter, C., Simmonds, D. and Bingham, C. McGraw-Hill Education.
20. Mansi, A. (2007) Communication at Work. Book Chapter in Exploring Human Resource Management. Porter, C., Simmonds, D. and Bingham, C. McGraw-Hill Education.
21. Mansi, A. (2006) Executive Coaching and Psychometrics: A case study evaluating the use of the HPI and the HDS in senior management coaching. Paper presented at the SGCP 1st International Coaching Psychology Conference. @BPS Publications.
22. Mansi, A. (2006) Executive Coaching: A Case Study using the Hogan Development Survey. BPS Special Group of Coaching Psychologists – First International Coaching Psychology Conference, 18/19 December 2006. City University, London.
23. Mansi, A. (2006) The Dark Side of Organisations, London Psychological Society 40th Anniversary Conference, Birkbeck College, UCL. November 2006.
24. Mansi, A. (2006): The Dark Side of Management, Chartered Management Institute Annual Conference, Leeds, October 2006.
25. Mansi, A. (2006) January 2006: Personality and Individual Differences, London Psychological Society, Birkbeck College, UCL.
26. Mansi, A. (2006) Dysfunctional Managers: How they impact on the Organisation. Management Standards Centre: Skills for Business Network. London. (July 2007)
27. Mansi, A. (2006) The Dark Side of Personality: Coaching for Destructive Management Styles. Chartered Management Institute London and SE Convention. Conference Presentation. (October 2006) Leeds.
28. Mansi, A. (2003) The Nature of Genius, Open University Summer School August 2003- Sussex University
29. Mansi, A. (2003) The Psychology of Genius Central London Psychology Society, June, 2003, Birkbeck College, University of London.
30. Mansi, A. (2002) Research Presentation Sussex University. The Dark of Personality and Neuroticism in Managers (August 2002) Open University.
31. Mansi, A. (2002) The Dark Side of Management (June 2002). Presentation at Central London Psychology Society. University of London.
32. Mansi, A. (2002) Are Geniuses Born or Made? (May 2002). PsyPhaa Business Psychology Seminar, Manzi’s Restaurant, Leicester Square, London.
33. Mansi, A. (2002) “How to deal with difficult people” (March 2002). Broadmoor Prison Hospital Training School. Crowthorne, Berkshire.
34. Mansi, A. (2002) Fire Safety, Technology and Management (7:4). The Fire Training College, Moreton-On-Marsh, Glocs.
35. Mansi, A. (2001) Personality Under Pressure: Management Styles in the Fire Brigade, The Occupational Psychologist, December 2001, Vol. 44.
36. Mansi, A. (2001) Dealing with Difficult People and the Hogan Development Survey. (August 2001) Presentation of MSc Research to Broadmoor Prison Hospital staff.
37. Mansi, A. (2001) Personality Under Pressure: A study of Watch Commander management styles in the Fire Brigade. Disaster Management — Developing Best Practice: Conference Proceedings, Coventry University, June 2001.
38. Mansi, A. (2001) Corporate Power, Globalisation and the Environment - Interview with Guardian journalist George Monbiot, Share International Vol. 26.
39. Mansi, A. (2001) The Dark Side of Management in the London Fire Brigade. HRM Research Conference University of Westminster (May 2001).
40. Mansi, A. (2001) Coaching for destructive management styles, Presentation to Cass Business School, London
41. Mansi, A. (2000) Management Styles of Leaders Under Pressure. Presentation to RAF Halton, Aylesbury (November 2000).
42. Goodman, T. & Mansi, A. (1998) “Peer Provision Counselling”, in An Anthology of Counselling at Work, MacWhinnie, Lynn (ed.) (19980, Association of Counselling.
43. Mansi, A. (1997) “Peer Counselling Provision” in Counselling at Work Quarterly Journal, (BAC), Issue no.16, Spring 1997.