Experienced Award-Winning Marketer, Business owner, Lecturer & Trainer specialising in IMC, Retail, Brands, Customer Experience, and Direct and Promotional Marketing.
Working across all marketing communications from BTL to ATL specialising in Integrated and Shopper marketing, working for some of the World's biggest and most successful brands.
I have previously held professional positions such as Head of In-store Comms for Tesco, Head of In-store Comms, Customer Experience and Media Centre for Co-op Foods, Head of Account Management (Director) at Wax Communications Integrated Marketing Agency, and Interim Managing Director (Lead Shopper/Retail Strategist, Forever Beta, TTL Agency, Manchester) setting up the Manchester arm of the business.
I currently own and run a Property Investment and Management company, as well as a Business & Marketing Consultancy. In addition, I previously owned a Music Label, Production & Management company.
In the past, I have previously been a Chairman of the IPM Marketing Awards and IPM Cogs Awards, a 2014 POPAI Awards Finals Committee Judge, and a Chairman of the IPM UK Shopper Council. I am also currently a Non-Executive Director for MIRICYL, a UK charity for Mental Illness Research in Children & Young Lives.
Below are just a few of the award-winning integrated campaigns for leading brands and retailers I have worked across, working on either Client or Agency side.
- Co-op Mix Kitchen (IPM Award Winner 2017 Best Experiential Activation at a Public Event / Festival)
- Co-op Unpredictable Summer (IPM Award Silver & Bronze 2017 Experiential Activation Instore and standalone / Food Consumer Products)
- Co-op Instore Rebrand (2016)
- Co-op Food Media Centre (2016)
- Tesco Fuel Save launch (2014)
- Tesco finest* relaunch (2013)
- Tesco 'Love Every Mouthful' Campaign (2013)
- McVitie’s ‘Dunk or Not’ (MAA Best Integrated Campaign 2011)
- Waterstones Big Book Bank (ISP 3 x Golds in Retail Home Shopping, Art Direction & Social Responsibility plus Grand Prix Winner 2009 / Revolution Innovation Award – Retail ‘09 / Promotion and Incentives Award Online Mechanic ‘09 )
- Southern Comfort Voodoo Tribe Campaign (IPM Best Creative Award 2011)
- Coke & Nandos (World Can Award Winner 2010 & ISP Bronze)
- Hula Hoops Hoopathon (MAA Best Integrated Merit 2011)
- Hula Hoops Golden Hoop Awards (Campaign Best TTL activation 2009)
- Curry’s and PC World (IPM Gold Award for Best Retail Promotional Campaign 2012)
- McVitie’s Medley (The Grocer Snack Product of The Year 2012)
A sample of the Organisations I have worked across:
Co-op Food, Tesco, Forever Beta, United Biscuits, Dixons, Premier Foods, Canon, General Mills, Coca-Cola (GB and Enterprises), Nestle, Waterstones, Diageo, Unilever, Procter and Gamble, Brown Forman, Bulmers, Mars, Budget Group (Compare the Market), O2, Orange, BT, Safeway, Coffee Nation, Axis, Sodexo, Lloyds TSB, COLT Telecommunications, Disney, Woolworth’s, Kodak, Mastercard, Leeds United, Barclays, BAA, Frank Warren TV, Lime Experiential, The Big Kick
Consumer and Shopper Behaviour
BTL & Integrated Marketing